These are the best brownies ever and are completely lactose-free, so I can finally get my brownie craving fix again, without feeling unwell afterwards! Oreos surprisingly do NOT contain lactose (Yay!!!) and add a really nice crunchy texture to contrast with the soft, gooey brownies. You don’t have to include Oreos – but I love them! You can try adding other alternatives such as digestive biscuits if you prefer. Be as creative as you like.
Have fun! x
Oreo Chocolate Brownies
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Makes ~15 Brownies
- 175g Flora Freedom Spread (Or any other dairy free spread)
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 150g Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 large eggs
- 100g Plain Flour
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 75g Cadbury Bournville cocoa powder
- 180g Bar of Cadbury Bournville dark chocolate
- X2 Tesco Free-From 35g chocolate bar
- X2 Tesco Free-From 35g white chocolate bar
- 8 Oreo cookies
- Handful of frozen or fresh raspberries
- One oblong tin (22x30x2.5cm) – greased and lined with baking parchment
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190o/375o.
- Melt the dairy free butter in a saucepan over a low heat, and then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the two sugars and vanilla essence to the butter, and stir well.
- Break the eggs into a separate bowl, and beat with a fork.
- Add the eggs a little at a time to the butter mixture, stirring well between each addition.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder, using a spoon mix the ingredients all together.
- Break the dark chocolate in half. For the first half, break it into cubes and place in a microwaveable bowl. Put in the microwave until just melted ~1min. Add to the large bowl.
- Chop the remaining half of the dark chocolate into large pieces. Do the same with the milk and white chocolate. Put three-quarters of this into the large bowl, while saving a quarter to sprinkle on top.
- Break up five Oreos into pieces, and add to the bowl.
- Mix in all of the ingredients, and then pour into the prepared tin. Smooth the mixture over with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate, scatter across the raspberries add three Oreos on top to decorate.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 40 minutes (this will make gooey brownies, but if you want them a bit firmer bake for a further 10-15minutes).
- Remove from the oven, score with a knife whilst warm and then allow to cool.
- Remove from the tin, serve and EAT!