I recently came across a similar recipe to this in my Nan’s Sunday paper, but changed a few bits and made it a bit tastier! It’s a slightly healthier version than your normal shop-bought rocky road, and of course it’s completely lactose free. I’ve included dried cranberries and sultanas in this, but you can add any lovely extras you fancy! Dried apricots, cherries, anything you like.
They’re quite rich and very moreish, so try not to eat too many at once!
- 100g puffed brown rice
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 180g Bar Cadbury Bournville dark chocolate
- 50g Sultanas
- 50g Cranberries
- 3 tbsp of desiccated coconut (plus extra to sprinkle on top!)
- 2 handfuls of marshmallows
- 20 x 20cm square baking tin – greased and lined with parchment
- Place the puffed rice, marshmallows, dried fruit and coconut into a bowl and put to the side for now.
- Place the coconut oil, almond butter, honey and cocoa powder into a saucepan. Melt and mix together over a low heat, forming a smooth paste.
- Pour this chocolatey paste over the puffed rice, and mix together.
- Break the dark chocolate into chunks and place into a glass bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water (make sure the bowl does not touch the water), and stir the chocolate until it has fully melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the puffed rice mix, and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin (only if you can stop yourself from eating it straight from the bowl – I couldn’t!) and flatten with the back of your spoon.
- Sprinkle over a little more coconut and a few marshmallows.
- Cover with foil and place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Remove, cut into slices and EAT!